ARCH-UK AT MASTS-ASM:
The MASTS ASM hosts a number of meetings and workshops, including the ARCH-UK workshop on Friday 6 October 9am-12 midday to:
- Update you on ARCH-UK activities so far
- Showcase successful projects from previous Aquaculture Initiative funding rounds
- Gain feedback from the aquaculture community on the recently drafted ARCH-UK research prioritisation reports that will inform the next RCUK aquaculture funding round
ARCH-UK has organised a 20% discount on the day rate if you are only attending for the ARCH-UK workshop use code 'SA20'. ARCH-UK can pay moderate T&S to attend the meeting but unfortunately we cannot cover conference fees.
- Access the ARCH-UK workshop agenda here
- Register for the MASTS/ASM and the workshop here
- Access the full MASTS-ASM program 4th-6th October here
- Delegate information on Accommodation/Travel/Wifi: We advise delegates to book accommodation for the event as soon as possible. The nearest place to stay is the Premier Inn on George Street. For all other travel info access the delegate information page for the venue here
GENERAL INFO ABOUT MASTS-ASM FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
The MASTS Annual Science Meeting: " Sea Change – changing seas, changing times"
The 2017 MASTS ASM will promote the latest advances in marine science, good governance and using sound science responsibly, and revisiting the vision: 'Clean, healthy, safe, productive, biologically diverse marine environments, managed to meet the needs of people and nature'
This cross-disciplinary meeting brings together members of the marine science community, with the aim of promoting and communicating research excellence and forging new scientific collaborations. The cross-disciplinary nature of the event as well as the high calibre of the selected talks means that scientists can broaden their knowledge in marine science as well as benefit from expertise and ideas gained in a range of fields other than their own.
Science presentations and e-poster sessions will take place on the first two days (Wednesday 4th October and Thursday 5th October), together with Plenary Speakers and opportunities to network.
On the third day the MASTS_ASM will host a number of meetings and workshops (Friday 6 October)