1st ARCH-UK ANNUAL SCIENCE EVENT (ASE)
4-5 September 2018
Agri-FOOD and BIO-SCIENCES INSTITUTE (AFBI) HEADQUARTERS,
Belfast, NORTHERN IRELAND
***REGISTRATION EXTENDED- 24th AUGUST MIDDAY***
On 4th-5th September 2018, ARCH-UK will be holding the 1st Annual Science Meeting in Belfast at the Agri-food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) Headquarters, Newforge Lane.
Links and downloads:
***NEW Preliminary Programme***
REGISTRATION (via EVENTBRITE)
ACCOMMODATION INFO/TRAVEL INFO/MAPS
BANQUET DINNER MENU OPTIONS
What to expect...
- An overview of the UK finfish and shellfish aquaculture industrial and research challenges
- A showcase of the projects previously funded through the BBSRC/NERC Aquaculture Initiative in 2016 with industry perspectives on project outputs
- A chance to meet talented Early Career Researchers who will have an opportunity to network with the recently funded BBSRC/NERC projects, senior academics, industry and government
- Announcement of the large consortium & innovation projects funded this year through the BBSRC/NERC Aquaculture Initiative, with an exclusive opportunity to hear from their industry partners and gain an overview of the projects. IMPORTANT NOTE: As ARCH-UK does not have a role in deciding which projects are funded we have recently heard the project funding outcomes from UKRI (BBSRC/NERC) and are currently scheduling this into our programme.
- A 3-course banquet dinner at nearby Malone House championing locally and sustainably sourced produce (even seaweed!). No cost to registered delegates.
ECR travel bursaries - DEADLINE 21st AUGUST
A limited number of £250 travel bursaries for ECRs (ECR = 10 years post PhD without a permanent position) will be provided - **you must register to be eligible** - bursary recipients will be notified on 21st August after registration closes as we are waiting to hear funding outcomes from BBSRC/NERC. Please note that BBSRC/NERC have advised us that newly funded projects will have funds within their grant for PIs and associated ECRs to attend the ARCH-UK Annual Science Event.
Recommended taxi for transfers: 02890 333 333
A single journey from the international airport to AFBI or Crowne Plaza should be around £25-£30 with this number (other numbers are £35-£45)